Friday 29 January 2016

Let your light so shine

When you walk around everyday do you ever have a feeling that you are being watched? I was reading in the gospel according to Luke and I came across a scripture that made me ponder about this. It is found in Luke chapter 8 verse 16 which reads "16 ¶No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light." (KJV 1289). This scripture cause me to think about the fact that no matter where I go outside there are people around. While I am acting like myself am I showing the light within me? Or am I allowing the Natural Man to blow the flame out? (Mosiah 3:19) When we are out in the real world we are constantly showing an example to the people around us. Who knows how far your example can go. Maybe someone seeing a good deed that you do helps the candle light in their soul and they are reminded that they can do good in this world. So next time you go outside think about how your light can effect others.

No comments:

Post a Comment