Thursday 14 January 2016

Does God really care about us?

As I was reading in the book of Matthew this week, a scripture in chapter 4 stuck out to me. In this chapter Jesus goes into the wilderness to fast. While He is in the wilderness, the devil approaches Jesus and tries to tempt Him. Whether it be to use His power or satisfy His hunger, the devil used many methods to tempt Jesus. One of the methods that stood out to me is recorded in Matthew chapter 4 verse 6 which reads" And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone(KJV pg. 1191). Which is the devil pretty much telling Jesus that if He stubbed His toe, God would send down His angels due to His concern for Jesus. So I applied this to my life and pondered about the love God has for me. He cares about the smallest problems in my life. Sure, He doesn't have to send His angels down to help with problems (such as stubbing my toe), but I know that He cares and loves me. Speaking of God sending down His angels, Angels don't have to be mystical creatures that have wings and fly down from heaven. We have angels all around us. We can be angels in the lives of others. Sometimes we are used as God's instruments in the lives of others because of the abilities or talents that we have. How can you be someone's angel today?

No comments:

Post a Comment