Tuesday 22 March 2016

Can you be sifted as wheat by Satan?

During my reading this week I came across a passage in the Gospel according to Luke chapter 22 verses 31-32 which reads: " 31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren" (KJV 1318). This passage reminded me of a time that when I served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint and Elder David A. Bednar, a living Apostle, came to my mission for a question and answer seminar. One of the missionaries in my mission said "I have a testimony of The Church and Jesus Christ. There is nothing that can change my testimony." To which Elder Bednar responded:
"I fear for your testimony. What you don't realize is you just threw down the gauntlet at Satan and he will try to find a way to crush your testimony. There is no such thing as having enough testimony. Our testimony grows, diminishes, or plateaus everyday. It is up to you and your actions which of these happens." No matter how strong we think we are there is opposition in all things and Satan is going to try his hardest to take us down. I hope all who read this take into account that you can be sifted as wheat, but with the Savior you can be strong enough to overcome Satan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment